Monday, April 15, 2019

Take a little less, Give a little more.



Last night we went to a concert, Tim and the Glory Boys. They are a little hillbilly, bluegrass, folksy... all of which I love. We had a great time. One of their missions in their concerts is to bring awareness to the plight of the orphan and refugee children, oh my heart. They speak my language.



My hubby and I have been talking a lot lately about budgets and what we are planning, thinking retirement (we've got 20 years- but no time like the present to plan for a good one). With all of the budgeting talk, and looking over our finances... it's apparent that we've fallen into this consumer world quite quickly. We've only been home from Vietnam for a year, and already we can see just how consumer driven our society is, and sadly, we have fallen into it.



We are not in debt, (thank goodness for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace course that changed out lives) but many people are. Although we are not in debt, we have not been budgeting like we used to, not telling our money where to go... instead just watching it fly on our the window.... on stupid stuff like coffee, lunch out, the dog (I spoil him, it's me, not him ;).



With all of these budgeting, giving, saving, retirement,  thoughts at the forefront of our conversations - it's no wonder this lyric struck me to the core... Take a little less, give a little more.



The Hubby and I are in the talks to planning our next trip back to Uganda to serve... in order for us to do that, we need to Take a little less, and give a little more, in everything.



This is my motto for the year... This is my heart. Of course I will need constant reminders... no matter how hard we try sometimes, we still forget.



This print is for me, it's my reminder... but if your heart is to take less, and give more, then this one is for you too!



Share the love,

M.










LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN Take a little less, Give a little more | Free Printable personal use only #queenoffreeprintables #lostbumblebee LostBumblebee
LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN
Take a little less, Give a little more | Free Printable personal use only


No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...