Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Need a little Peace?

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Grown Up Colouring Coloring : Free- donate to download- printable : Personal Use Only.
Here is the end result of my quiet time last night :) 
I actually lead a very peaceful life... our house butts up to a farmers field, we live in a sleepy little town, I work from home, the hubby has his own business  (2 actually and yes- he works 24/7- but we also have days when we can sneak away and go to a matinee- or visit his dad, or go for a drive and talk... it's really nice.)

But do I still need peace? Yes- because although our lives are pretty simple, our brains are not. My brain runs at 100 miles an hour, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is hard to make it stop. I keep running lists of; ideas, thoughts, things I need to do, things I should have done... it never stops.

Do we lead a full life? Yes. Will I give into societies addiction to busy, as though busy makes one successful? no.  When I need peace in my mind, I meditate and pray. I think on the good things, true things, honest things, just things, pure things, and lovely things... I pray for my family, my friends and for you... it stills my heart, calms my mind and surrounds my home with peace.

Yesterday I needed to get out of my head, so picked up my pencil and I drew this big beautiful wave... I thought It was going to end with the sketch, but then I filled it in, turned it into a graphic, printed it, and coloured it. About a 3 hours ordeal... I sensed the stillness... the verses "Deep calls to deep", and "Peace be still" were running through my mind... So I've added those as well as a blank version if you prefer.

What do you do when you need to still your heart and mind? How to you calm yourself in this world that is constantly requiring more, making us feel like we just aren't enough, we need to do more, have more, be more- Let me tell you something... You are enough, You are good, You are loved, and you don't need to do anything more than what you are doing... give yourself a break- refuse the glorification of busy, and instead choose a more meaningful life. That might mean some quality time with your kids, your hubby, your best friend. A conversation with a friend over a cup of coffee is never wasted time... and don't let anyone ever tell you it is- refuse the glorification of busy, and live in the meaningful... and choose to live your life on purpose.

Share the love,
M.

Remember to get our a black pen after you colour this in and personalize it with your own version of patterns - you can really make it yours! No two will ever look the same! <3

>>For more Grown Up Colouring Sheets click here<<

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Grown Up Colouring Coloring Sheets :: Wave :: Free- Donate to download- Printable : Personal Use Only.
8.5x11
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Grown Up Colouring Coloring Sheets :: Wave :: Free- Donate to download- Printable : Personal Use Only.
8.5x11
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Grown Up Colouring Coloring Sheets :: Wave :: Free- Donate to download- Printable : Personal Use Only.
8.5x11

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...