Friday, October 5, 2012

Thanksgiving, Giving Back, Boobs and Pro bono.


Thanksgiving, Giving Back, Boobs and Pro bono. 

Canadian Thanksgiving is right around the corner here in Canada (does that sound redundant?- perhaps but if I can get Canada in a sentence twice and it makes sense *score*). So, I’ve been thinking a lot about giving thanks, and just plain giving. 

I’m thankful for the opportunities I have had this year to develop and grow. Opportunities to become a better version of me and to become a better designer. Generally when you give you get something in return, not necessarily monetary or even something tangible, but definitely valuable.

I’m going to toot my own horn here for a minute and give a shout out to a few companies/organizations that were chosen to be a recipient of my work. Gratuit. Free. Pro bono. 




The Nova Scotia Breastfeeding Community of Practice
Breastfeeding Support Tree
Posters and 5000 magnets were made to hand out to new moms in Nova Scotia. Help at your finger tips! 



Make Breastfeeding Your Business
Support Kit for your Business , Video
Maritime Mother’s Milk Bank 
(website coming soon) This is a new endeavour;  a group of passionate, passionate, amazing women are beginning to build a Milk Bank in the Maritime provinces. (I'm in awe of these women-period.)
You’d think I have a boob fetish or something (did I just say that?)  Actually This program was headed up by my best friend and I can’t think of a better way to give, then to give a gift that will keep on giving. More Nova Scotia Babies will be breastfed this year, because of some of the work that I have done-But mostly because of the tireless hours that these committees have given (there is that word again). I am honoured to be part of it.  

You know, its not just about design for me here at LostBumblebee. I’ve been stretching and expanding as a person, becoming a better version of me, a better business person, a better wife, a better friend, and a better teacher. All of the above comes with an air of uncomfortableness and excitement and I am thankful for all of it. 

As you are stuffing yourself with turkey and potatoes this thanksgiving, think about giving. Whether you are a creative like me or not, there is always a way to give. Give from the heart and give lots. What you will get in return will be more valuable than anything money can buy. 

Go ahead and give... I dare ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...