Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Find Joy.

If you are anything like me, you may find yourself dreaming of the way things were 'supposed' to be. 

Let me just put this out there, right up front, things are exactly as they are meant to be. Now, whether or not they are what you expected them to be, is a totally different story. Hopes and dreams are constantly dashed when people, things, events, don't live up to our expectations- but those are our expectations- What if we were willing to accept life as it comes (I'm not talking about being apathetic here) but what if we let people be themselves, events turn out as they may, and learn to live in the ebb and flow of a chaotic world, yet be filled with peace? 

Is this even possible? Can the world be falling apart, rather our expectations of what we think ought to be happening in the world, and can we still live in a peaceful state?

I'm going to wager a giant YES on that. I'm going to say that in my situation, AND I live in someone else's plan B of my life, I feel a sense of peace. Knowing that it is ok not to know, and not to be in control, and for me to find gratitude in the moment, and joy in the unexpected story I live...I say YES. 

We can live a life that was not our expectation and still be filled with peace, joy, gratitude. 

Now let's talk nitty gritty... because it totally SUCKS when things don't turn out the way you want them too, and when you wake up in a world that is beyond your control and you have to navigate the hurt, the shame, the unbelievable pain... healing doesn't happen over night. You can't will yourself into being filled with joy when you are at the bottom of a pit heaving just to breathe the pain is so thick... no you can't will yourself to be happy... and the "fake it t'ill you make it" just doesn't work... when tears leak out of you, and you seep pain... it is hard. It sucks. I can't tell you it doesn't. 

What I can tell you is that in time, lots and lots of time, things change... you never stop missing what you've lost, you never stop hurting when you think about it, but you can find peace with it, and in finding peace, you can find joy... I know for myself, joy started to seep in when I started focusing on the things in my life I had to be grateful for. Gratitude is a ribbon that runs through my life, it has changed my life, gratitude and time are healers. In time, gratitude breathes joy, and joy in life... creates an underlying bedrock of peace... not that weird happy all the time crap, but that deep seated peace that no matter what the situation, you know, that you know, you will survive... time will help heal, nothing stays the same forever, and you will grateful for the story you are living.

Everyone of us has a story that is filled with pain, if we were to compare our hurts, we would all one up each other... but what if we stopped comparing, started sharing, and helped other's see light at the end of the tunnel, because one thing I know is, there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is hope in the darkest night, and there is peace to be had... change your focus, be grateful, hold on to your hope, because... Joy is coming... There is Joy in the story you are living...hold on. Just hold on.

Two printables for you to choose from... take your pick for whichever you need :) 

Share the love,
M.

 Our hope comes from God. May He fill you with joy and peace because of your trust in Him. Romans 15:13 NLV



On a technical note, I cannot respond to any comments that you leave... I'm so sorry, it's extremely frustrating, but I am in no way shape or form a techie- so alas it is how it will stay. If you want to reach out and share with me, please use the contact me button on the side of this page, and that will go directly to my blog email, and I will get it and respond. M.


LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN Free Printable, JOY, LostBumblebee, HOPE, Free for personal USE ONLY
LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN Free Printable,
 Free for personal USE ONLY

LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN Free Printable, JOY, LostBumblebee, HOPE, Free for personal USE ONLY
LostBumblebee ©2019 MDBN Free Printable,
Free for personal USE ONLY

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...