Thursday, November 5, 2015

Actions.

my happy laugh cry
We are back and I am processing and jet lagging... all of the things we saw, smelled, felt, held, ate... it might take me a little while, but I did want to share this...

The second Wednesday we were in Masaka, we had the opportunity to spend the day with Fay. She runs a baby home called Nurture Baby Home. It was an awesome day, we had the privilege to tag along with her when she got the call that there was an abandoned 11 year old girl at the hospital, who had been there a week, and who needed someone, well we ended up being that someone. Her name is Namuli, she is 11, she is disabled. We didn't know if she spoke, communicated, walked- we had no idea... but what we did know, is the answer was yes. Because this was the opportunity put in front of us, and when God sends an opportunity we say yes. (Every day I thank God for people like Fay... they are the world changers and earth shakers- what they are doing makes a difference.)

We found Namuli asleep curled up in a little ball... she was very small. She fit into a size 4 clothes (a 4 is about what a 4 year old wears... not an 11 year old...) She was surrounded by people, lots of people, these people where there at the hospital taking care of relatives, siblings, children, parents... the smell of ammonia hung heavy in the corridor, urine so strong I could barely handle it... and in amongst all of these people, smells, and sounds there she was... laying there, not making any noise, frail and small... I held back tears... my heart broke... my head couldn't understand... how does this happen? But it wasn't my place to figure our how it can happen, it was my place to figure out how to help... I didn't know what to do, so I said yes to everything I was asked...

Namuli ended up in the Baby home, I went to visit her often, sat with her, touched her hand, rubbed her head... just loved on her... she made no eye contact, no physical touch response... I called her by name... nothing. Then the last Sunday before we left, we went back to check on everyone and say bye for now. I went in to see Namuli, she smiled when she heard my voice... I choked back tears and started that half laugh half cry thing I do... She looked at me, made eye contact... then the flood gates opened up- there was no stopping those tears of joy.

This print is inspired by someone whose actions speak louder than words ever could...  In all of this, my prayer is that my actions speak louder than my words... that I will be a woman of action- I don't just want to talk about it...

Share the love,
M.


love
taking a moment to thank God
Holding hands with Namuli 
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :  Actions Speak Louder than Words : Free Printable : Personal Use Only.
LostBumblebee ©2015 Actions : 8x10

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :  Actions Speak Louder than Words : Free Printable : Personal Use Only.
LostBumblebee ©2015 Actions : 8x10
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :  Actions Speak Louder than Words : Free Printable : Personal Use Only.
LostBumblebee ©2015 Actions : 8x10






No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...