Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Do Not Let Your Heart Be Troubled.

It's one of those days when the laundry piles, the emails, the work, the dishes, are all piled so high I am not sure where to start. Can you say overwhelmed?

I just got back from a wonderful week away at my mom's house- I took my work with me, so I was on a working vacation... Drove 14 hours on Friday to get home in time for a wedding, then left the next morning for a 5 hour road trip to a wonderful Camp to spend some time with friends from out west... with no computer, really bad wifi, pretty much no 3G. Lots of "No Service" up in the corner of my phone. Off the grid so to speak.  We had a blast. It so much fun, way too much coffee, so much good conversation, too much sun, so much food- way too much food. It was awesome.

It was exactly what the doctor ordered. We've already booked in for a solid week next year. I'm excited.

But before I even got back home, my heart started to worry a little, logistics of our Uganda Journey are still being ironed out. I am still raising funds, still organizing 2 fundraising events, still not sure how this will all turn out. Not sure exactly what we'll be doing. Not sure if I will survive the bugs. So many uncertainties. The only thing I know that is certain is that I'm totally overwhelmed.

And in my overwhelmed state- this verse continues to run through my head...

"Do not let your hearts be troubled..."
(John 14:27)

So why am I worrying? Why can't I just trust? Why is it so hard to let go and let God. Why do I always freak out until He comes through (and He always comes through).  I know I am probably not the only one who gets into these crazy whirlwinds of freaking out, wanting to just lie on the kitchen floor until everything works itself out, moments of insanity?

So today I am going to trust, with everything I am, all that I have and I am going to hold on to this verse and let it speak to my heart... 'don't be troubled... I've got this, have a little peace... you're covered, just rest.'

Share the love,
M.

LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN : DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED : Free Donate to Download Printable : PERSONAL Use Only.
LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN :4x6
LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN : DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED : Free Donate to Download Printable : PERSONAL Use Only.
LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN : 5x7
LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN : DO NOT LET YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED : Free Donate to Download Printable : PERSONAL Use Only.
LostBumblebee©2015 : MDBN : 8x10



No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...