Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Soul Ship

It all started innocently packing my bag with all sorts of goodies and prints, for an upcoming conference away. I wanted to know how much it weighed, so I stepped on the scale. DO NOT DO THIS. It might make you cry. The premise was to step on the scale, read what it said, step back on holding giant suitcase. Try doing this with tears in your eyes and utterly frustrated at yourself, is an entire ordeal in itself! 

Since the hubby and I did our IVF treatments my weight has continued to go up slowly- I mentioned it to my doctor about hormones, he said nah, everything looks normal- and the hormones should be out of your body shortly. That was 3 years ago. 

So I had to give myself a little pep talk. Come on lady... now is not the time to freak out, you've got too much ahead of you to worry about this at this moment, you need to breathe, shake it off and get your thoughts back on track. Who knows just how easy it is to spiral down, down, down, when you step on the scale? Telling yourself you knew better, you did this to yourself, etc. etc. etc. blah!

So in the midst of my very own pep talk to myself, I had to remind myself, my body is the vehicle that carries this beautiful soul of mine. It carries my thoughts, my emotions, my creativity, my giving heart. I had to get out of my own head. If you ever get yourself in a little scale pickle, don't stay there too long. Remind yourself, that this body, this is just the ship, that carries some seriously precious cargo. That cargo, that is you, that is your beauty, that is your light, that is your life. 

Here is a little reminder, if you need to print it off and put it on your mirror, in your car, at your desk, on your fridge, wherever you need to put it, to see it, do it. This body is fleeting, but your spirit and soul will live on forever. They are what truly matters. 

Share the love-  today with yourself and others!
M.

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Free Printable : Personal use only.
4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Free Printable : Personal use only.
5x7
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Free Printable : Personal use only.
8x10

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...