Friday, January 23, 2015

Love.

Yup that day is coming up where everyone tries to prove to everyone else that they love them... ( I am only slightly teasing) and I love, love. So It is a great day- like I've said before in our house, it goes down slightly differently than in some others.

But What exactly is love? What does it mean? What did it mean when we say for better or worse?

This week has me contemplating that, because on a small scale I am pretty helpless this week. I fell, I sprained my left ankle and busted up my right knee- seriously, had they been on the same leg, I do believe life would have been different, but alas they were not). So I have been confined to my chair, with everything I need to work, and not starve to death, within reach (thanks to my Hubby).

It is such a tiny thing, but to me it is huge.  My Husband has taken care of me. It's a weird feeling to have to be helped in everything you do. It's a scary feeling of what the future might look like as we get older... and It's really hard for me to admit I need help. 

When I think about it... Love, this Love thing, this real love thing- What does it actually mean?

It can't be put any better than how Paul said it in the book of Corinthians:

Love Bears all things -everything, the heavy, the light, there nothing too big or too small that real love cannot bear.

Love Believes all things -everything, for miracles too, believes with me, it believes for me, even when I cannot, love still does.

Love Hopes all things -now what exactly is hope... oh this is good... it is wishing for, expecting, desiring something... Biblically speaking, hope is a desire based on a promise from God (source)... Oh How I love the promises of God!

And my favourite...

Love Endures all things - handles them sometime with grace, sometimes with less grace... makes it through, grits its teeth, hunkers down, get's it done.

We like to see love as something that is fluffy and light and happy (and sometimes wrapped up with fat cherubs shooting arrows + hearts), but Love is strong, and it is hard, and it is heavy, and it is powerful, and it has more grit and more intensity than a raging ocean...  


I hope you have love in your life...
be it the Love of a parent, the love of a friend, the love of a husband or wife, the love of a child...
I pray you are blessed with love,

M.

This doesn't just apply externally, you have to love yourself as well... put the thoughts you have of yourself through that filter and see how is compares...  Share the love. M.

LostBumblebee ©2015 | LOVE | Free Printable | Personal Use Only.
4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 | LOVE | Free Printable | Personal Use Only.
5x7

LostBumblebee ©2015 | LOVE | Free Printable | Personal Use Only.
8x10
LostBumblebee ©2015 LOVE FACEBOOK COVER IMAGE : FREE FOR PERSONAL USE.
Facebook Cover Image (not for print- 72dpi)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, I . . . love . . . this one (too). It's probably a good thing that my printer isn't working or I'd have these plastered all over my walls, doors, 'fridge--maybe even my car. I think the vibrant colors on this one make it my fave tho. I'm going to use one of these lovies for my Feb fb cover.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the freebies! I love them all, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...