Thursday, January 15, 2015

Find Joy In the Journey

Sometimes this is easier said than done, ok, this is always easier said than done... lately I have been having a bit of a hard time on Instagram. Seriously, everyone I follow is all of a sudden adding either adoption photos, baby bump photos, or new baby photos. I love it and I hate it.  It's exciting because babies are always a miracle, and it's sad, because I'd like to have my miracle. So I find myself wallowing a little, looking for joy in the journey. Our journey is very different than some of yours, and very similar to some of yours... So how do I find joy in the journey?

Well... I refocus, and then refocus again, and then refocus again...

Here is an update on what is keeping me focused outward:


  • The orphanage that we were hoping to go to has officially asked up when we'd like to come. We are working with them to find a time that will work for both parties.  Four weeks is a long time, and yet, it doesn't seem long enough.



  • We are working on raising funds to help us be able to go and volunteer with these children for that time.



  • I am so busy with graphic work, and art, that I feel overwhelmed, but then I refocus, this is the stuff that is allowing us to go on our Living Life On Purpose 2015 Journey. 


So I guess I'm choosing to find joy in the journey. This is such a weird place to be stuck in, in life. If I could say one thing about this fertility journey, it would be:
...look outside of yourself, don't focus inward, focus upward... focusing on the one thing we don't have is debilitating. Focusing on the Joy in the journey is refreshing, and life giving and life changing. 


How are you finding Joy in your journey?

Share the love,
M.



LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
5x7
LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
8x10

LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
5x7

LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy in the Journey | Free Printable | Personal use Only
8x10



LostBumblebee ©2015 Joy In the Journey | Facebook Cover Image | Personal use only
Facebook Cover Image (72dpi- not for print)

7 comments:

  1. I'm on a different journey - we're just planning on moving - but that means leaving my entire family, some of my lifelong friends, and taking huge chances. I'm finding joy by knowing that the end result will all be worth it and that everything will work out... somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes change is so hard... but you are right, looking back, the end result will be worth it :) I love that you are finding Joy in the journey :) that "hindsight is 20/20" everything looks different when you are out of it :) The real trick is how does it look during :)
      Best of luck on your move!
      Your a mover and a shaker!!
      M.

      Delete
    2. *you're a mover and a shaker... lol... sheesh sometimes I get too excited and don't re-read :) Oh well! That's life!

      Delete
  2. I really feel for you, Melissa. I am on a different journey too. I am living with chronic disease that I will have for the rest of my life. I have an autoimmune disease (such as lupus, MS, etc) which my doctor hasn't figured out yet. I also have fibromyalgia and a couple "minor" diseases to go along with it. My journey is more about coping along the way and hoping for a cure. My job (teaching) is placing new demands on us that really increase the stress and require more of our own outside time, when I already have little energy to take care of myself and my home in my free time. In addition, my medications make me sleepy ALL the time. At times it is hard to find joy but my two little grandsons live nearby and they can always bring me out of a funk. I also take joy in little things whenever I can--I notice beautiful clouds, rainbows, birds and squirrels, etc. Reading blogs is a great distraction and I enjoy getting to know the people I follow. I'm glad I recently found your blog. I love your sense of humor and your creative side. Your work is wonderful and is one of the things that brings me joy along the way. Thank you for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you are incredible... you are an inspiration to me to go even further at finding joy in the tiniest things that we see every day and take for granted... I love that you are surrounded by family that makes you so happy!

      Thanks for sharing with me, and thank you for all of the kind words :) comments like yours really make me feel like what I have to share matters... we are in this crazy journey of life together! Thanks for making it better!

      <3
      M.

      Delete
  3. I find joy in the everyday little moments. Last year I started this website, joy in Jacksons journey, and I use it to share our great moments, instead of focusing on the difficulties we've been given.
    www.joyinjacksonsjourney.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Choosing to find joy in the small things, the big things, the ugly things, the wonderful things- is an amazing way of life! It has changed my life in significant ways. <3 Can't wait to read your page!
      <3
      M.

      Delete

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...