Monday, April 16, 2012

So Monday Snuck Up On You Too?


Alright, I have to admit working from home has its perks. I am not home all the time, but it is by far my favourite place to work. It may be because I can do so in my pajamas and not be judged. I think if I tried walking into work in my PJs, someone might just say something. Although, for the life of me, I can’t figure out how it could possibly be anything other than “Ohmygoodness, I wish I had worn my PJs today too!”
But working from home has a downside too. I never thought I would admit this. The downside of working from home is that work is always looming, ready, and waiting to pounce. Which means, Monday sneaks up on you because you worked all day Saturday and Sunday and forgot to take a weekend.
Ever happened to you? It has me. I am trying to get it under control, not working as much, making sure I take the proper amount of time off to do stuff like watch tv. Or even more important stuff like getting my butt on my bike (which I love- especially in the summer when there is an ice cream cone waiting for me halfway through my ride).
In the early 1900’s people worked 10 hour days, but after figuring out that people produced the same amount in an 8 hour day, companies cut back-saving them mucho dinero.
“Now we know from our experience in changing from six to five days and back again that we can get at least as great production in five days as we can in six… Just as the eight hour day opened our way to prosperity, so the five day week will open our way to a still greater prosperity.” — Henry Ford
If it was good enough for Henry Ford, its good enough for me. I’m thinking I’ll cut it down to a 5 hour day, about three days a week, with lots and lots of coffee breaks. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...