Monday, July 13, 2015

Every Child.

Every Child Begins the World Again...
-Henry David Thoreau

Last night we had a family gathering, and we started talking about babies, adoption, surrogacy, DNA donation- etc., etc., etc., Maybe not your usual dinner table conversation but when you're a family who has dealt with fertility issues for the past 10 years, it's not unusual to come up with some pretty crazy funny ideas.  The norm would be more IVF or adoption- and we've talked about it, we've thought about it, and we will probably start the adoption process for a baby or little human child in the future...

I was asked how I felt about it... and my response was, "if it happens yay! I'd be happy, if it doesn't happen yay! I'm good with that too." and I am.  I really am. Has it been a long journey to get here? Yes. Do I believe that God has a perfect plan and that I can rest in the unknown? Yes. Is the unknown a place of rest? For me yes, for some perhaps not.  My Mom (she is so wise) always reminds me... "Miss, we are on a need to know basis with God, and sometimes you just don't need to know..." Would I love to see a snap shot of our lives in 20 years? Yes of course, but would that bring peace or anxiety?  I don't really know...

I'm in a wonderful place right now with our lives, we are Living Our Lives On Purpose and going to volunteer in an Orphanage in Uganda , we are going to share our love with Children and Youth who are already here, who have already changed the world just by being born- and in a good way. They will forever change my life. I know that going to Uganda to volunteer will change my life forever... will I impact a life over there- I hope so, I hope that they will know they are loved- but the biggest thing that will happen will be to me. I will be different, my world view will change. What will it be? I have no idea but I'm resting in the unknown.

So this morning as I drink my Coffee and reflect on the conversation last night,  and rest in the unknown, what I do know is that I have peace, that I believe God is in control and I'm so grateful that He is, because I'm not sure I want to be...  As I contemplate our upcoming Journey and perhaps even the possibility of adoption in the next couple of years,  I rest in the unknown... and what I do know... that every child begins the world again...   This one is for you, those of you who hope to have a child, who have adopted a child, who are having a child, who have had a child, who's friends are having a child, who's friends are adopting a child... hold dear to this belief that every child begins the world again... Rest in the unknown and trust...

Share the love,
M.

Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use. They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.blogspot.com

Thank you :)
M.

All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2015 Melissa Dawn Baker-Nguyen


LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Every Child Henry David Thoreau :: Free - DONATE to Download - Printable :: Personal Use Only!
LostBumblebee©2015 MDBN : 4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Every Child Henry David Thoreau :: Free - DONATE to Download - Printable :: Personal Use Only!
LostBumblebee©2015 MDBN : 5x7
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN :: Every Child Henry David Thoreau :: Free - DONATE to Download - Printable :: Personal Use Only!
LostBumblebee©2015 MDBN : 8x10







No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...