Wednesday, June 3, 2015

It's My Party.

And I'll cry if I want to.
Cry if I want to. Cry if I want to.

The clock of my life has just ticked another year older. June 1, 11:42am, 1978 I was spewed into the world, if my mother had been a blogger, I'm sure there would have been a very poetic account of my birth, but alas she was not... therefore I was spewed into the world in a pile of goop, and probably poop- if we are being completely honest.

For years now, since I turned 29- my birthdays are somber, a little sad, slightly uneventful (except my 30th, we partied like it was 1978- and it was awesome- I'm a sucker for a good costume/theme party- I love them.) 

But in all seriousness, I take (probably) too much time to think about life, what is happening and what isn't happening -that I wish was happening. This year I tried to see things how they are... not how I expected them to be when I was 18. Do you know how much time I've wasted wishing my life away- hoping and praying for things to be different, instead of being grateful for how they are? the lessons I'm learning?  and just how blessed I am?

This year was a turn. Did I have a moment of tears, yes... did my Hubby take time to sit with me and discuss it? yessss... but only after he imitated me, being me, having my own little pity party- and then we laughed until my sad tears turned into the tears of joy. (Psalms 30:5b - ...weeping may last for the night, but joy comes in the morning... )

I wish I could see only the positive in life, I wish I could be the person who always sees life from a higher perspective, but sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I throw a pity party for myself. Sometimes I put my feelings above those of other people. Sometimes people make me want to scream-  and I love people.  I'm starting to believe that seeing the positive in life is a skill that is learned and not something you are born with. A skill that needs to be honed and nurtured, protected and chosen. You can't catch it, like the measles-  You've got to pursue it, believe it in, aspire to it, choose it, live it, and give yourself a break when you fail miserably at it.

So this year for my birthday I'm giving myself the gift of grace. I generally hold myself to a higher set of expectations than I hold other people to, but this year, this year is a year of grace. (Not an excuse to be a sloppy human, who does whatever they want, whenever they want and never puts the hearts of others above their own). But instead grace in the truest sense of the word- Grace that excludes merit. The one that I can't earn, even with myself. A grace that isn't deserved, just given.

So here is to a new year, a fresh start, and a year of grace.
Maybe you need to offer yourself some grace... true grace, one you can't earn, maybe you don't deserve, but you need. Make today a fresh start in your life...

I created this print, initially it was only going to say Grace once (in black)... but then I kept adding more, we need so much grace in our lives- many times in a day. So as many times are you read grace on this print, give that to yourself, to your children, to your coworkers, to your hubby, to your friends and to everyone else and then times it by 7.

Share the love, and the grace...
M.

Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use. They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.blogspot.com

Thank you :)
M.

All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2015 Melissa Dawn Baker-Nguyen

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN GRACE : FREE PRINTABLE : DONATE TO DOWNLOAD : HOME DECOR : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN GRACE : FREE PRINTABLE : DONATE TO DOWNLOAD : HOME DECOR : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
5x7
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN GRACE : FREE PRINTABLE : DONATE TO DOWNLOAD : HOME DECOR : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
8x10
LostBumblebee ©2015 GRACE BACKGROUND 1024x768 FREE FOR PERSONAL USE.
(computer background 1024x768 72dpi) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...