Monday, January 1, 2018

It's a New Year...

It's a NEW YEAR! Yay, only problem, is me... same old me... I know, I know, we always try to give this giant speech about new year, new you- woot hoot... but in all honesty the only thing that has changed for me, is the last digit in the year... I'm still me. Plain ol' Missie.

Although I know the truth of that to the core, because let's be honest, I've lived a good many new year's resolution lists, and believing that I am a new me, in the new year... only for the year to end and I'm just an older version of the same old me. That isn't a bad thing, I'm a pretty good human, I try to be kind, I try to love others, I try to give... all of that good stuff, and in knowing all of that I still absolutely I love the freshness of a new year- the possibilities are endless.

The hubby and I always create a hopes, dreams, and goals list at the end of the year, for the following year... our 2016 list was knocked outta the park with an impromptu move half way across the world- to Vietnam, our 2017 list was a year of giving, it was really fun. This year is scribbled on the back of a Starbucks cookie bag, and folded up in my purse... a lot of what is on that list has to do with our 2016 list that got sidetracked, and a few new hopes, dreams, and goals.

For me this year personally, I am in a different place... I'm not creating a list to change who I am in so many words, but a list that will better my life, and all of those around me too...

More Art
Less negative/comparative thinking.
More gratitude for exactly where I am right this moment. (This is huge- gratitude is a big part of my life, [it keeps me sane, if we are looking for honesty] looking at all of the moment and being grateful, right here, right now- living in the moment, and not focusing on what I do not have, but instead focusing on what I do have)
More movement.
More veggies.

My word (and work) for the year 2017 was TRUST- It came to me at the end of January, so I am still very much trusting, and pursuing a calmness in knowing that I do not have to be in control, I do not have to 'do', but instead -I have to be still... I need to allow the perfect timing to happen at the perfect moment. I do not need to do anything other than trust, and of course, knock on doors of opportunity, and if they open, walk through them, and if they do not open, move along...

I do not know what my word for this year will be, it may end up being trust again. Trust will always be my word, this past year in a year of ups and downs, moving back halfway around the world into an unknown, trusting the process of illustrating a book (more about this soon, I am so excited to share this!), being more authentically who I am, being transparent with friends and family... there is a freedom in the word trust, not a freedom from consequences of action, or lack of action, but instead a freedom to pursue and walk through open doors, and knowing that if a door closes... it's all good.

So in this new year, same old me... I am in a place of peace... I know that I know... all is well... it will be a year for the books, they all are... and I will with all of my heart, Trust... and walk through open doors.

Do you have a word for the year? Do you have resolutions? is your heart happy?

I don't know what the new year hold, but I do know The Best is Yet to COME!
Share the love,

M.
LostBumblebee ©2018 MDBN The Best is Yet to Come, New Year Print,  Free Printable, Personal Use only, Home Decor, www.lostbumblebee.com
LostBumblebee ©2018 MDBN The Best is Yet to Come
Personal Use only
www.lostbumblebee.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...