Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Every Little Thing...

Every Little Thing
Making A World Of Difference Right
Where You Are
Over the holidays I was blessed to have a little time to sit and read this fantastic book by Deidra Riggs. Every once in awhile I will write a review of a book, but I stopped that awhile back because I wasn't finding books that resonated with me, and that I felt were valuable to you. This one, however, is pretty awesome... if you think your life is mundane, normal, not spectacular... just average... this one is for you...  I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think you might too!

Take a read!
Share the love,
M.


Every Little Thing, Making a World of Difference Right Where You Are
By: Deidra Riggs



Once I started reading this book, I was hooked… I wanted to keep reading, hearing more, listening to her stories… This book is full of intertwined tales of Deidra’s life that swirl and whirl like blowing snow with parables from the bible that eventually settle in the soul and resonated in my own personal life, and I’m sure will resonate in yours. Moments of weakness that only in times of real honesty could we ever possibly admit that we might be ‘like that’… but she does… and she mixes it with biblical truths that turn us and keep us focused on the heart of the Father.  

Deidra reminds us, that no matter where we are, what we are doing, in our simple little lives, that we are encouraged to partner with God in his plan and make moments that matter. Doing the house work, or gardening, or cleaning, or parenting, or not parenting, having a career, being a house wife, right where you are is holy ground and we are encouraged to celebrate those moments, taking the mundane and making it beautiful.

My favourite chapter was all about Nebraska, I read it, I laughed, I reread it, I laughed… in her story of Nebraska, she shares her own personal struggles, but also unfolds the truth to us that we’ve all got a Nebraska. It might not look the same, but there is some road in our lives, or some experience, or even a real place, that we are called to walk through. A situation that if we were given the choice, we would much rather get it over with as quickly as possible instead of actually going through it. 

It truly is a book all about a journey of a normal life. Someone like you, or someone like me. It isn’t about having a soap box, or a platform, or a congregation (now you may have all of those, but most of us don’t) It’s about not allowing fear to grip your heart and paralyze you in the life that you’ve been given and seeing that you can make a difference right where you are.

In the simple and in the mundane, we actually will find true life and joy, if we accept the invitation to live fully and loved by our God. 



"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...