Sunday, August 23, 2015

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

Don't worry, be happy. I woke up with this running through my head.  And how appropriate-

It's my favourite day of the year, the 23rd of August.

This is a day where I celebrate just being me. I drink my coffee, spend time with my hubby, today we will go to church, then probably do nothing- which to some -may mean nothing, but to me, just quietly spending time with the people I love, means the world to me.

We've got a lot going on at the moment, we are finalizing our Living Life On Purpose 2015 Uganda Journey- we have 35 days before we leave. 5 Sundays. It seems long, but when you are like me, it will go by very quickly and I will have worried and freaked out about 35 times between now and then.

Number 36, on the meltdown calendar happened yesterday -I called my mom in tears and said... what do I even have to offer these children? how can I even possibly serve the staff, the directors? what can I do that will even matter? As you know from previous blog posts, my mom is a rock. She is a prayer warrior, she is strong, she is wise, she just knows, and she knows me very well-  My mom, oh my mom... Gosh I love that woman, she talks me down from major meltdowns in 4 seconds flat and reminds me... of what I already know, but sometimes forget...

I know I should not worry. Luke wrote: "How many of you can add even one day to your life by worrying?" (Luke 12:25) I like to paraphrase it like this... "sweetheart, do you think you can add anything to life by worrying, does it fix the situation? does it make it better? are you adding joy to your life by worrying or are you striping your days of happiness and joy by allowing worry to rule your day? Why waste your time? Why allow something to rob you of peace? Sweetheart put your big girl pants on and lets knock this outta the park!" Luke was slightly more eloquent.

But it is true, what does worrying add to your lives? Does it make it better? No. Does it improve the situation? No. Does it add peace to our lives? No.  Matthew 6:34 reminds us also not to worry about tomorrow- I love how he states this; "therefore do not worry about tomorrow, it will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  (i added the emphases because it's just so clearly written for me, 'Missie, hunny... you worrying about tomorrow is kinda dumb, you've got enough stuff to deal with today, one day at a time baby girl. After all how do you eat a mammoth ? one bite at a time. One. Bite. At. A. Time. One day at a time, one moment at a time, nothing more, nothing less... you've got this!)


A few more verses to chew on:

Philippians 4:6-7  do not be anxious [worried] about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxieties [worries] on him, because he cares for you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled [worried], neither let them be afraid.

So today... on my favourite day of the year, I will worry about nothing, tomorrow will worry about itself.  I will take one day at a time, one bite at a time, and I will probably say this to myself 892 times today,  but it will always point me in the right direction... 'Hey Miss... don't worry about tomorrow... it will worry about itself.' 

So today- on this awesome 23rd day of August- don't worry... be happy,
Share the love,
M.

LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Don't Worry be Happy! : Donate to Download : Printable : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : 4x6
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Don't Worry be Happy! : Donate to Download : Printable : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : 5x7
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : Don't Worry be Happy! : Donate to Download : Printable : PERSONAL USE ONLY.
LostBumblebee ©2015 MDBN : 8x10




No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDLY REMINDER

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little time getting to know a teeny tiny bit about me. I hope you're enjoying the free printables and the tidbits of inspiration along the way.


Just a little reminder: *Please note all free printables and images are free for Personal Use.


They may not be used for resale or commercial use without written permission. >> If you are using these images on your website or your blog you must link back to www.lostbumblebee.net


Please visit our INFO page.

Thank you :)

M.


All LostBumblebee® Prints ©2009-2019 Melissa Dawn Baker Nguyen (Basically to Infinity and Beyond)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...